RE: A paradox, was: Designer leaks

To: "'Aric Datesman'" <adatesman@speakeasy.net>, "'Mark Hooper'" <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A paradox, was: Designer leaks
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 19:27:05 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-triumphs@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Aric Datesman
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 7:04 PM
To: Mark Hooper; triumphs@autox.team.net

Mark,

I surely hope you're not implying that there's no good beer in
Canada....
Unless you Ontarioians (how do you pluralize that???) do not count beer
from
Quebec.  :-)

I'm rather fond of several of the offerings from Unibroue, La Find du
Monde
in particular.  Very nice Belgian-style brewery in Chambly, Quebec.
http://www.unibroue.com/english.cfm

Single malt is good stuff, but I have to say I've been boycotting
Guinness
ever since they launched the rocket bottle thing and Guinness Ice Cold.
Makes it impossible to get a decent pint anymore.  Strangest thing I
ever
saw was when I was in Dublin a couple years ago and everyone was
drinking
Bud for the equivalent of $5 a bottle.  Me, I was happily sipping away
at
pints of Murphy's, Beamish and Guinness for $2 a pint.  Oh well, more
for
me.

-aric.

That reminds me.  In my youth, I once say a billboard proclaiming "Drink
Canada Dry".  In my youthful zeal, I tried it and trust me on this, it
can't be done.  No matter how much I drank, there was always more made
to replace it!  :)

Joe