Fan Belt (ii)

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fan Belt (ii)
From: Ian Clough <mc_ian@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:00:18 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Everyone,

I am reposting this because I originally posted during
the American long weekend and I don't think many saw
it (ie. I did not get the response(s) I was hoping
for). I've searched all over the net for possible
solutions but haven't found anything.

I'm installing a new fan belt on my '75 TR6.  I was
under the impression that I only needed to move the
cross-member-tubing away from the pulley to slip
off the old belt, but I found that the steering rack
is also in the way!! Am I missing something??  Does
the steering rack also have to be moved??  How hard is
it to move/remove the rack?  My Haynes
manual mentions NOTHING about the rack!  Damn!

Thanks,

Ian Clough
Ottawa