73 TR 6 Rear Brake Drums.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 73 TR 6 Rear Brake Drums.
From: "Morat, Ed [CRDUS]" <EMorat@CRDUS.JNJ.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:20:57 -0400
Greetings all,

I have a 73 TR 6 that has been garaged for several years.  When I stored the
car I made the mistake in setting the hand brake, recently I decided that it
would be nice to put the car back on the road.  However, when I tried to
back the car out of the garage the rear brakes had frozen solid. I was
unable to break them loose by rocking the car in gear forward or back. This
had happened in the past only a much milder case and I was successful in
releasing the 'frozen drums' by putting the car in reverse and slowly
letting the clutch out and applying the throttle.  To make along story
short, has this happened to any one before?  If so what was the resolution?

Regards,

Ed Morat
EMorat@CRDUS.jnj.com