RE: Reducing exhaust sound

To: "'Dave Massey'" <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: Reducing exhaust sound
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:43:34 -0400
Cc: "Triumph List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Dave said:

>Here's another suggestion: turn up the radio.  ;-)

Mark Replies:

Hmmm... Note to self, "Self, change musical habits. No more Debussy for you,
from now on it's AC/DC and Hell's Bells at 200 Watts!"

It doesn't sound like a whistle from the back, really like escaping exhaust
from the engine compartment. The back is really deep rumble or roar (I like
that), the high-pitched part is just annoying. I'll check out the wrapping
but I have visions of this stuff disintegrating and the inside of my engine
compartment becoming something out of Jacques Cousteau with gently waving
tendrils of wrapper fluttering in the breeze. That or "The Mummy Walks".
People staring in the compatrment and backing away crying out in horror,
"It's alive!"

Mark