TR7 that will not start

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR7 that will not start
From: SDOliner@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:47:32 EDT
List

I recieved this post from a fellow spridgeteer, who repairs for a living. If
he is having problems with a TR7, this must be a real mystery.

it's not my car!  it has spark at coil and plugs, new plugs, it has fuel,
compression, pirahanna ignition, the carbs are free and not siezed and
diaphrams
are ok, new fuel lines, fresh oil change, new slave and clutch master, rebuilt
calipers, and the car refuses to start!  it cranks, a cylinder fires evry so
often and then nothing for a while then intermittently fires again and the
battery is dead!    i need to finish this car and make it want to go back to
it's
owner!  5 speed convertible that belongs to it's original owner. he want's to
drive it!  and i just want it to run!  post that to the TR list and see what
comes back!  and i have tried starting fluid  too!
i'm at wit's end with this thing!  it just refuses to run!

David Oliner
67 TR4A
too many Bugeyes