Re: TR3 Timing Chain Tensioners

To: bbrewer@qnet.com
Subject: Re: TR3 Timing Chain Tensioners
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@ipns.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 12:54:55 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Monday, April 28, 2003, at 11:31 AM, bbrewer@qnet.com wrote:

>      I am considering using a lightened flywheel. I understand that it
> should
> run through the gears a bit faster, but have a rougher idle. If a
> lighter
> flywheel is such a good idea, why didn't they do it to start with? Any
> listers
> have comments (pro or con) about a lightened flywheel?

Hi Bill,

I installed an aluminum flywheel last summer when I rebuilt the engine
on my TR4A.  I solicited input from the list, and no one had anything
negative to say.  Since I made a lot of other changes at the same time,
I can't really tell you what just the flywheel change accomplished, but
I can say that I don't see any downside.  The engine does rev much more
freely, and I have not had any driveability problems.

-Darrell

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS CTC67956L