Re: TR3 Engine Rebuild Questions

To: bbrewer@qnet.com
Subject: Re: TR3 Engine Rebuild Questions
From: francois wildi <fwildi@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:32:01 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
4. Any easy tricks to getting the cam bearings out and a new set in?
Do I need
to fabricate a tool or should I have the machine shop do it when
doing the
other machining?

I used a custom driver just a few thou under the bearing size on one
side, and with a few thou under the ext. bearing diam on the other
side. I use an all-thread (1/2"?), a large washer and pull with a
nut. Grease helps. BE CAREFULL TO ALIGN THE BEARINGS PROPERLY,
OTHERWISE YOU WILL DEFORM THEM WITH THE LOCATING BOLTS THAN YOU PUT
FROM THE OUTSIDE OF THE BLOCK. BTDT.

Francois