Re: Anybody heard of 86mm "County" pistons?

To: <MRobe33243@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Anybody heard of 86mm "County" pistons?
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:59:28 +0100 h3O92Sio023997
From: <MRobe33243@aol.com>

>      As the subject says, would appreciate any input, good or bad, skip
> indifferent.

County products have found their way into many areas of the Triumph (and MG,
Austin-Healey, Jaguar etc) parts aftermarket. I've been generally pleased with
the items I've chosen to stock and use on my own cars. As regards the piston
sets, I've not handled these myself. The general consensus seems to be that
they are considerably better quality than the currently available (Indian
made?) Hepolites, but not as good as NOS British made Hepolites.
I've not heard any specific complaints against them and I know the appropriate
pistons are widely used by UK engine builders for the 1147cc units for
Spitfires and Heralds, Hepolites for these being astronomically expensive.
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics