auto mishaps

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: auto mishaps
From: "Peter Philips" <pkphilips@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:36:12 -0400
Listers,

This mishap doesn't involve wrist watches but it has kept me from ever being
in front of a car that is being cranked over.

Dad was a Field Engineer for Carter Carburetor (1937-1952). In an Olds'
dealership one day a porter was sweeping in front of a straight eight Olds
which had the carburetor removed for repair. The fuel line was over the open
manifold. Somebody hopped in to move it, hit the switch and off it went at
maximum revs with raw gas dumping straight into the manifold. The alarmed
driver released the clutch. The porter never walked again.

I tend to watch it, particularly when working alone and especially when tired
and frustrated.

Pete
Richmond

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
Peter K Philips.vcf]