Electric Fan Control

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Electric Fan Control
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:32:46 -0700 (PDT)
I've used two kinds of thermo-actuated switches. First I bought an adjustable
one and mounted the sensor at the bottom of the core. I adjusted it
to kick in when the exit temp (the temp at the bottom) is about 180 degrees.

Second, I bought a fixed-temp on from Scotts Manufacturing. They
suggested putting it at the top of the core, so I did. Seems to work
just as well, though it's on a different car :-)

It was cheaper and less fiddly to mount the fixed temp unit. Cheaper, too.

(Scotts Mfg is listed in the Monster List - www.dimebank.com/monster. Great
source for fans, too.)