Re: Crankshaft Question

To: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crankshaft Question
From: "ALLEN BRENDEN" <allen.brenden@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 21:26:21 -0800 from [4.61.231.6] at Wed, 26 Mar 2003 23:28:37 -0600
>From my years in auto parts and machining, cranks should be stored by
hanging from the flywheel flange or standing upright on the flange. If you
go the second route, make sure that it's protected from falling over. Very
bad for straightness. If you're going to store it for a long period, use a
little white lithium grease on the bearing surfaces.

Allen Brenden
Everett, WA USA

Uncle Al's TR7 Homepage + Wood Trim
http://www.premier1.net/~albrendn/index.htm

Outgoing mail scanned with Norton AntiVirus