Steering Box Adjustments

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering Box Adjustments
From: MotoPsyche@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:54:08 EST
Greetings to all,

I'm new to the list, though I've been lurking for about a week now.  Looking
forward to adding what I can to the mix.

Three steering Q's today.

1. What's the best way to remove and replace the silent bloc pins from the
tie rod in the steering linkage? Can this be done with the linkage in place?
2. Can the oil seal and bush in the steering box be replaced without removing
the box?
3. What's the best way to check the end float in the steering box, and can it
be done with the box in place?

Many to any and all who can 'steer' me right.

Bill Stagg
1961 TR3A