RE: eBay seller bashing

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: eBay seller bashing
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 13:39:07 -0800
> Ok, I have to know. How did you know all this info from those two
> pictures?
> It looks like the ones on the 2000 2500 saloons, four synchro
> boxes, it may
> be shorter on the rearward extension than the saloons, but other
> than that I
> cannot see much different! Not doubting just trying to learn more! If I
> hadn't already had several lessons today it could have been
> today's thing to
> prove I'm still here!! ;-)

The top cover for the 3-synchro "crash box" has the fork for reverse near
the center of the side of the opening.  The 4-synchro boxes take a different
reverse fork, and it almost hits the corner of the opening.  The 1-2 shift
fork is different too (as is the rail it rides on), but those differences
are harder to see.

The casting itself will interchange, but you have to use the right forks and
rails for the gearbox you're building.  Only the 3-4 fork and rail are the
same.

Randall