Intake Manifold Polishing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Intake Manifold Polishing
From: pbrandsema <pbrandsema@triad.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:47:59 -0800 (PST)
Well, after a long winter, I can finally start looking foward to the driving
months.  I have decided that the driving experience would be more enjoyable
with a little more horsepower (a lot more would be nice also).  I'm looking
for suggesting on quick and easy mods, to produce a few more ponies.  I've
been reading up on polishing the inside of the intake manifold, to allow
more air and fuel to get into the engine.  I've also heard that it would not
be advisable to smooth out any rough areas in the TR4 manifold.  The reason
for this was stated that by polishing the intake, the fuel would tend to
accumulate on the walls of the intake.  The main reason stated for this was
that the rough areas served to swirl the air and fuel mix together.  So, the
conclusion was that a loss of power would occur instead of an increase.

Anyone have an opinion?