RE: Vent Knob removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Vent Knob removal
From: JMcmahon@ictgroup.com
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:50:11 -0500
While on this thread, how does rod attach to the vent?  I can't figure out
the dynamics of how it works and I can't find any documentation on it.

Thanks in advance.
Jack -- 59 TR3

> How is the vent knob attached to the rod?
> I tried to "unscrew" it but was afraid to turn any
> harder in case is goes on another way.

Like most of the other dash knobs, there is a spring-loaded pin underneath
that you push into the knob, and then slide the knob off the shaft.  The
only knob that was originally threaded into place was the screen washer.

For the vent knob, you also have the option of undoing the set screw that
holds the shaft into the mechanism under the vent door, and pulling the knob
out with the shaft still attached.  You'll have to unhook the mechanism from
the door first, though.

Randall