To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:30:12 -0700
Maybe y'all know this & maybe not....

In the absence of the list archive search that we used to have, it might
be helpful to know that Google searches the list archive.  I don't
recall getting list threads from a Google search until recently.

The search appears to only look at subject lines and authors.

The links it returns are all messages for a given month (which can be
viewed by thread or chronological order) so it's not a practical way to
search for info on a broad topic (i.e. 'brakes') but if you are pretty
specific or better still remember a specific thread you want another
look at it may be useful.

I found that including something like ---
www.team.net/html_arc/triumphs "thread index"   ---
in the search line should narrrow the hits down to list threads.  You
then have to page/scroll down looking for your thread.

Certainly not a substitute for a real archive search but may be helpful
in some instances.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4