RE: Brake Tru???

To: "'Randall Young'" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "Triumph Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake Tru???
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 23:23:20 -0500
These magic solutions never work out. I have several shelves full of old
half used bottles of "Engine Medic", "Transmission Miracle", etc... Another
shelf is covered with strange tools used to measure imperceptible phenomena
of apparently great significance. Never did a damned thing except empty my
wallet. Got smarter eventually and just fix problems with good parts or get
screwed by dealer and pay him to do the job (both meanings). Now I am going
to fill a few boxes full of the toxic waste and rusty viberflizzits and wait
for the city to have a Hazardous Garbage day and get rid of it all.

For all the idiotic things I used to do to get my machines running, brakes
are the one thing I never went too cheap on. If you think rotors are
expensive, try a nice oak coffin on for size. On the other hand, I recall
driving a 1981 Oldsmobile 6.6L diesel stationwagon for 4 months with no
working hydraulic assist on the brakes or the steering. I had a leg like an
ostrich trying to stop that lump of iron with only foot power. Such fun
driving on the highway in traffic when some Porche would shoot into the
space in front and stamp on the brakes. People used to say at the office,
"How do you do it? You're always so alert when you arrive in the morning".
But I digress...

As Randall said, have the mechanics do the brakes on the lathe.

Mark Hooper