GT6- 'normal' oil pressure?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6- 'normal' oil pressure?
From: "Alan Pettit" <alanpettit@lineone.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:41:50 -0000
Hello all,
Forgive me if this is a regularly asked question, but I have only been
following this list for a few days.
I have a '73 GT6 with a re-built engine. (approx. 450miles on it.)
During the wet winter months here in the UK, I did a few odd jobs,
including fitting a capillary oil gauge.
Pressure readings are:-
Cold..........45-50psi (I guess this is the relief valve opening.)
Hot 2000rpm.......20psi.
Hot idle ..............8-10psi

The 'Hot 2000' reading seems a bit low; could that be because I fitted
the gauge tapping after the rocker oil feed kit, or wouldn't that make
much difference.?
I thought I would ask before swapping them over and getting oil over my
nice clean engine bay!!

I had a TR7 with a  V8 before, and that didn't suffer much from oil
pressure, so this is a novelty for me!!!!

Thanks in advance,

Alan.