Speedometer cable for overdrive

To: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Subject: Speedometer cable for overdrive
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:07:48 -0500
Cc: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h2EEGS0K027744
Message text written by "Bob Rochlin"
>    As I said yesterday, I can't get the standard 69" cable to go to the
new
A type overdrive, and I can't find a longer cable length listed from anyone
of
the big three.  Can someone tell me what they use?
Bob Rochlin
72' TR 6
<

Rob, the TR6 does not use a longer cable.  It uses the standard cable with
the right angle gear box.  I routed my cable up and over the top of the
transmission and then up and back through the firewall.

Only the TR2-4 use the longer cable and have a notch in the floorpan and a
special rubber boot to accomodate it.  The TR4A introduced the use of the
gearbox and the floorpan on longer included the cut-out for the cable to
angle straight out of the gearbox.

Cheers

Dave
57 TR3 (with the longer cable)