Re: TR4 white dash

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 white dash
From: Nicholas Froome <listreader@pvision.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 10:23:31 +0000
Cc: "Gary Johns" <garyj@transchem.com.au>
> All TR4's had a white metal dash, but I'm not sure the exact shade. The
>exterior of early 4's were painted in Spa White, later this changed to New
>White. My 64 TR4 is therefore New White, and the dash looks the same as the
>exterior. Could be mistaken though. My late father in law used to say  "I'm
>not always right, but I'm never wrong"
> The centre panel in very early 4's was machined aluminium, later changed to
>black crackle finish.

My TR4 has a blue/grey crackle finish dash panel and a white top panel. But it
also had a TR5/6 (?) wooden dash over the top of the dash

I assumed my metal dash was original, but it's becoming obvious that assuming
the originality of any part of my TR is a mistake!

Nick Froome
http://www.bolide.co.uk