TR Liner seat Q

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR Liner seat Q
From: John Gillis <jgillis@gemini.tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 10:55:25 +0000
Hello all,
Thanks for the very useful advice on setting my ring gaps in the
liners. I am attempting now to clean away all the crud inside the
block, by chipping away with a small chisel and old bearing scraper.
If I left this job to my machine shop would they be likely to have a
magic machine to remove all without the slow  home method?. Secondly
I noticed on the one "hole" I have cleaned up the seat has some
corrosion where the old steel figure of 8 had broken down. Is it
normal to find this and is it likely to give me problems when fitting
the new liners. I have both coated steel and copper to choose from
and I intend to use Welseal. Thanks in advance
John
--
John Gillis
1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)