Media Blasting vs. Dipping

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Media Blasting vs. Dipping
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 11:49:32 -0500
List,
Well, on the suggestion of another list member, I went back to a local metal
stripping company here in Cincinnati regarding the stripping of my TR4A tub.
The good news is that I can get the tub AND the frame dipped for about
$700.00 total! That is $100.00 less than just the tub at the media blaster!
The frame can be done in about a month which is OK. The bad news is it could
take up to 10 months to get the tub done!
I think what I will do is send him my frame. It will take me a few weeks to
get the tub welding finished and the chassis stripped down anyway. I can be
building up the chassis and drivetrain while I wait for the tub to be done.
Dave

Dave Connitt
Cincinnati, OH
'65 TR4A