Here's a thread we haven't had for a while...

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Here's a thread we haven't had for a while...
From: ebk@buffnet.net
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 09:16:56 -0500
Hi List!
    I also agree with many of our TR List members that it is OUR JOB to
educate people about our cars. If a person comes up with, 'Nice MGB'.  I
respond, 'Thank you for the complement on my TRIUMPH, they do look
alike, but my TRIUMPH has ... [& I start pointing out the different
features of a TR than other BR. cars]. I thought that was one of the
main reasons for 'British Car Week', 1- To educate the people. 2- To
force or motivate Br. owners to get the car ready for the season's
driving. & 3- To appreciate life.
    Most people that are willing to come up & strike a conversation may
feel awkward in doing so. So I want to encourage people to take an
interest in doing so to others, too. Unfortunately, I haven't many
stories about people calling my car something else, because my car is
not as 'worldly' driven as many of your are :-[ . But I'm planning on
changing that soon, now that the engine is done! ;-)
-Cosmo Kramer