TR4 Gearbox Oil Change

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Gearbox Oil Change
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:24:49 -0700
The TR4 (and late TR3As) do not have the filler plug/dipstick that can
be accessed from inside the car and the manual says to pump the gearbox
oil in thru the filler plug on the side of the gearbox.

On other (non-LBC) cars I have been able to run a tube down thru the
engine compartment an into a filler hole, sticking a funnel in the top
end & hanging it up like an oil I-V.  Slow, of course, but simple and
effective.

Has anyone tried filling a TR4 gearbox this way?  TIA.

Geo Hahn
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ