TRs in snow

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TRs in snow
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 14:37:20 -0500
        Now Massachusetts is getting hit with that snowstorm
working its' way up the east coast.  This is on top of the 40+ inches
we already have gotten this winter, most of which has not melted.
        I had a TR4 daily driver in the 70s.  With tired front springs
and 4" of ground clearance, it was not a great car in snow, even
with Semperit snow tyres.
        Sometimes I envy you folks in warm climates that can
drive year 'round.
        Soon, after the snow has melted, the street sweepers have
been through town, and April showers wash the salt away, the cool
cars will start to come out.  When the smell of spring is in the air,
those first top-down drives of the season almost make it worth the
wait!

                Rick
                1973  TR6  CF2570U