RE: Overheating

To: "TRIUMPHS \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Overheating
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:37:46 -0800
> If the radiator cap holds pressure, it will work with a recovery bottle
> system with the addition of the aforementioned "vacuum sealing" washer!

I beg to differ.  If you drill a hole through the top of the cap, it will
still hold pressure in the radiator, because the pressure seal does not
include the top of the cap.  However, it will not hold the vacuum necessary
to pull water back out of the recovery bottle, instead it will suck air
through the hole.

Unless of course your washer covers up the hole, but when the hole is in the
center, I don't think that's likely <g>

Randall