Re: Sad, bad news......

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "Pat Leask" <pleask@shaw.ca>, "TRlist" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sad, bad news......
From: "Gerald Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 06:53:40 -0500
List, I would add to what Randall said and suggest that the oil in the engine
should be drained immediately and look for antifreeze. I would also suggest
draining the antifreeze (keep it for later) and replace with ordinary water
until you solve your problem. I understand that antifreeze and bearings don't
make a happy couple. No need to accelerate the wear or corrosion on the
bearings. Once solved I'd run the engine long enough to get hot to drive off
any water left in the oil and then change oil again.
Jerry Van Vlack