Re: Powder Caoting Thermostat Housings

To: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@qnet.com>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Powder Caoting Thermostat Housings
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:04:26 -0500
>      Have any listers poweder coated their thermostat housings inside and
> out to make them last longer and avoid cathodic reaction/electrolysis?
>
>      Bill Brewer
>      Tehachapi, CA
====
"YES", I also P/C inside "ALL" water passages such as the heater by pass
tube, the water pump housing and both manifolds, the more you coat the less
chance of any corrosion and the better the element moves without
obstructions, just close off threads and gasket mating surfaces, the
thermostat housing is very important to coat just for the obvious reason.
"FT"