1980 TR7 distrib needed

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h19G8nhu002479
Subject: 1980 TR7 distrib needed
From: Anthony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 11:05:15 -0500
I am trying to complete my TR7's conversion to UK-spec SU carbs (yes, they
are better looking!).  As it turns out,
the UK carbs are set up for vacuum advance.  While I can keep the current
distributor which is designed to use
only mechanical advance when off idle, I would like to add to my fuel
efficiency (and maybe even to power) by
using vacuum advance.

Does anyone have a late TR7 distributor they would like to part with?  I
need a Delco type, not the earlier Lucas type.
I do not know when the switch to Delco occurred, but I think it was in the
1980 (non-California) model year.

-Tony Rhodes