header gasket, tr6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: header gasket, tr6
From: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 20:33:32 -0500
This is a continuation of an old story I started before SEVTR.
After installing the headers last fall I had an exhaust leak form the header.
Last week I pulled the intake manifold off, I had to back out all the exhaust
manifold studs , so i could install a new header (thicker) gasket.because the
header now  can't be backed of the studs.
After all that it still leaks.  The bar on the header that the banana nuts
come into contact with doesn't seem as thick as the contact point on the
intake manifold.
In any event  I just can't put enough pressure on the header to seal it.
Are there any other type of banna nuts that will put more pressure  on it?
Oh, is it OK to reuse the metal gasket that came with the original style
gasket? haven't tried that yet.
Thanks
Al Salvatore
76tr6