RE: Oil Filter Analysis...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil Filter Analysis...
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:00:15 -0800
> http://www.minimopar.net/oilfilterstudy.html
>
> I just found this on a BMW message board, and thought it might be of some
> interest.

I'll offer two comments :

1) That thing has been floating around forever ... might not reflect current
filters.

2) It reviews every aspect except the most important one ... how well does
the filter actually remove dirt from oil.

3) (Ok, I can't count) I've been using Fram filters for roughly 30 years
(ever since I figured out that there really is a difference).  In all that
time, I've never had an oil-filter related problem.

Randall