Transmission Transplant

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmission Transplant
From: AnnaBelle <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 12:03:56 -0800
Hi List,
        Well I am finally getting Casper's flywheel back from the
machinist, and I have been checking for new bolts and stuff, I find
the Parts manual lists a Stanpart stud as
        number V.3718...I found the stud in the service  manual and
it says I need three of them, there were NONE  when I removed  the
old TR4 transmission.  Further the Service  manual says they are
5/16 x 18 NC and NF,  I  am thinking that means one end NC  and the
other NF,  the remaining bolt  holes all  seem to be NC ( 5/16 x 18).
If this is  correct then can  someone tell  me  the relative
"o'clock" positions  of  the studs?  The service manual only shows
one at about 7:00 o'clock.
        Also,  when I removed  the  old  transmission a metal plate
dropped  out of the front, it is flat  on top and rounded on the
bottom,  has  4 bolt holes and a slight  lip on the curved bottom,
does the lip  face the transmission  or the  engine?
        Thanks in advance  for  all  you help.

Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3
aka  Casper