Merry Christmas and Radio Thoughts

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Merry Christmas and Radio Thoughts
From: "Bob Rochlin" <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 09:43:34 -0500 FILETIME=[4FE99670:01C2AB5A]
Dear Listers,
    I'd like to extend a wish for a Happy Holiday to all of you and extend
thanks for the thoughtful help and information you have supplied my with over
the past year.  On more than one occasion you have saved me from myself.
    In terms of radios, my own research has come to a couple of conclusions.
All of the knob radios are of relatively low power and low end, but many can
be supplemented with an external amplifier which can be fairly easily  and
unobtrusively installed under the glove box.  The power of my own radio a JVC
KS-RX177 (22wattsX4) is fine up to about 50 miles per hour and then the
road/engine noise starts to drown it out, but the tape player mechanism leaves
a lot to be desired.  An external amp allows cleaner sound at a much higher
volume level but also requires better speakers.
      My own feeling is that you really don't want to hack away at the very
hard to replace center console to install a modern radio.  Some alternatives
are to mount the radio in the glove box or get an original radio retrofit with
modern guts  Re: Corey Sherman.  Victoria's Sec...opps Victoria British sells
a consealable radio set up with a remote which may be the ticket for some.
Just some thoughts.
Best wishes,
Bob Rochlin
72' TR 6