Previous question on UK EFI supplier....

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, John Macartney <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Previous question on UK EFI supplier....
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 20:49:50 -0700
Answered my own question, finally, by digging through my own email
archives. For those interested, the system was offered in late 1999 by
Chestnut Classics, according to some text from SixAppeal kindly sent to
me by John Macartney:

http://www.chestnutclassics.com/

(BTW, John, watch those shirt buttons (!)).

A check of their site doesn't show any mention of it, but they may still
have the system available. A closer look at the text indicates that they
remachine the existing PI manifolds for currently available electronic
fuel injectors. They did not find, as I remembered, injectors to fit
without modification. They are also using a common fuel rail for all
injectors, which sort of destroys the look of the original system with
individual injector lines (something I believe I've just found parts to
enable).

Their system is probably suitable for all who live at low altitudes. It
seems to have an ECU with a canned map of fuel values taken from fuel
use on the dyno, and is calibrated to only two signals--throttle opening
and engine speed. Probably won't work for my originally intended use,
variable fuel metering over wide variations in altitude. But, I believe
I've found the way to do that with any speed/density system using a MAP
sensor. Details later as I get it worked out.

Cheers, all.

--
Michael D. Porter
Roswell, NM (yes, _that_ Roswell)

Don't let people drive you crazy when you know it's within walking
distance.