Re: How do you remove the fog from the rear window?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How do you remove the fog from the rear window?
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:08:55 -0500
A friend told me of an old trick using acetone to clean the window.  He's
used this process many times to bring the old scratched, dull, foggy
window finish back to new condition.

- Using a metal or glass cup, pour the acetone across the top of the
window.  Be sure to start with enough in the cup that you can fully
drench the window from top to bottom.
- Lay many towels at the bottom to soak up the fluid as it passes by the
window.
- Be careful of any painted surfaces.
- Do this in a warm, well ventilated environment (not is direct sun
though).
- Don't touch for 1 hour.

Be careful......someone might want to try it first on an old plastic
window that they won't be using and report back to the list.

Good luck,
Jay Welch, Abington MA
Secretary, "Cape Cod British Car Club"
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/