Magic Clutch & more

To: "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs@autox. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Magic Clutch & more
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 10:31:14 -0500
There's been, and always seems to be, a lot of discussion lately
regarding clutches on our TR6's.  If you read Nelson's articles on the
Buckeye site (if you haven't you really should) he mentions the lighter
feel of the Sach's clutch.  He also questions whether this clutch would
be appropriate in a TR6 with a massaged engine, and indicates that the
Borg & Beck unit might hold up better to the increased power.  However,
he's not sure and will tell you that he's not sure.

My question is for the guys out there who have more than 102hp.  If you
are running an engine with significantly more power, have you had any
issues with the Sach's clutch?

I believe that the "magic clutch," which consists of the Koyo t/o
bearing and a Sach's pressure plate, was originally conceived by J.K.
Jackson and possibly one other racer in Florida.  If these guys did in
fact come up with this setup, and we know that they run "just a little"
more power than normal, then the Sach's unit should be fine.

Anybody?

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2