RE: early O/D rebuild

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <Tr3bob@aol.com>
Subject: RE: early O/D rebuild
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 06:58:41 -0800
> I've heard from more than one source that the Haynes manual is not
> always the best source of information, as some printings contain
> errors.  The Bentley manual is believed to be a better source of
> information, particularly for the very early cars.

I agree, except that the Bentley has effectively no information on
rebuilding the OD, only installation instructions.

> Also, you can get the factory A-type OD service manual at
> http://www.thelittlemacshop.com/trsite/download.html

I can also supply a version that has been run through OCR and converted to a
MS Word document.  Although this introduces the possibility of conversion
errors, it has the advantage of being smaller (~3 Mb rather than the ~7Mb of
Dan's scan), and you can search it for text.  Easier to read too, if your
eyes are getting old (like mine are).

Sorry it's not on the web at the moment, but if anyone wants a copy, reply
off-list and I'll try to send it out this weekend.  I like Nelson's article
better, but it's always nice to have independent verification.

Randall