Re: Semi-Sealed Beam Halogen Headlamp

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Semi-Sealed Beam Halogen Headlamp
From: "george hahn" <ahwahnee18@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 09:26:50 -0700 FILETIME=[465B7FA0:01C2A1FB]
>From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>

>Scott Suhring's query suggests these lamps with an extra parking light were
>probably originally fitted to a car for export to Germany or Italy....

Years ago I had a euro-spec Mercedes with such bulbs in the headlamps.  I
think it also served as the parking light.  Perhaps it also assured that you
still presented two lights to oncoming traffic even if one of the main beams
failed.  Also had a parking setting on the lights that turned on just the
outboard parking lights, front & rear.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4