Garage heating advice requested

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Subject: Garage heating advice requested
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 18:40:06 -0500
Message text written by Mark Hooper
>Well it's cold out here in Montreal. Today it's supposed to get to a high
of
-14 degrees C (+7 degrees F). That's too cold to work comfortably.
My TR6 is hiding shivering in my unheated garage. So the question that's in
my mind is can I arrange some warmth for short sessions of mechanical work?
Here is the physical situation:
<snip>

Mark, remember that heat rises.  With a high gabled roof and no fals
ceiling all the warm air will go up to the roof and melt the snow instead
of warming you and your car.  With enough heat you can overcome that but
that's not what you want to do.

If it is at all possible, try to install a ceiling.  You might find some
stuff in the local hardware store that will work and is not very expensive.
 There is a foam core sheathing panels (4 ft by 8 ft) that are light, easy
to cut and shape and easy to install.  This is far from ideal (which you
already said is beyond your budget) but is the best bang for your
(Canadian) buck.  And since you will not be heating the garage full time,
it's about all you can cost justify.

Cheers

Dave Massey (with a similar garage that I don't even bother trying to heat.
 But then I have access to a couple of heated garages)