RE: no more Shlep Boys! what A---H---s!

Subject: RE: no more Shlep Boys! what A---H---s!
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 07:29:22 -0800
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Good points all.  I use a local Allied Auto Parts store in Weymouth MA
> for anything important.  The guy I use has been with them for at least 20
> years, never gives me the wrong parts and is very knowledgeable and happy
> to offer advice if asked.  Good guy and I would never think to berate him
> for staying at a job he has done so well for so long.

Just to be clear on the subject, I have no problem with anyone who stays at
a decent job for 20 years or more.  (Especially since I put in 20 years at
my previous job & expect to have in over 15 at the current one before
retiring.)  However, Pep Boys treats their employees as bad as they do their
customers.  It's simply not possible to do a good job there, even if you
enjoy wearing damp suits.

(Old joke : Doing a good job here is like wetting yourself in a dark suit.
It gives you a warm feeling, but no one notices.)

Randall