RE: TR3A, stalling problem, RPM drop

To: Gbouff1@aol.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR3A, stalling problem, RPM drop
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 18:55:48 -0500
Hi Gary. I've got the same problem with my TR6. I'm guessing that you have
SUs rather than Strombergs, so possibly it's a problem related to constant
depression carbs. I had some luck adjusting the bypass valves so that the
rpms moved more slowly to idle speed. Probably NA for SUs. Some people have
told me that's just the way they are, but I'm not sure that's true.

I was trying to reason out a theory on what might be happening. In overrun,
the carbs are supposed to go over-rich. That's what the bypass valve is
designed to prevent. I wonder if you adjusted them a bit leaner if that
would solve the problem.

Anybody else at least have a theory?

- Hugh Fader