RE: Traces from the past

To: TERJE_KOLBEINSEN@fmc.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Traces from the past
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:46:06 -0800
> I have just started a major restoration project of a 1957 TR3.  It was
> importted to Norway approx. 1998, from California, and had registration #
> GIV 736 at that time.  Is there any way of finding out more of this cars
> history?

Terje, the California Department of Motor Vehicles does keep that
information for some time, but I'm not certain how long that is.  You can
try writing to :

Vehicle Registration Operations
Department of Motor Vehicles
P. O. Box 942869 Mail Station E 254
Sacramento, CA 94269-0001
USA

Request a copy of Form INF 70R (Request for Vehicle/Vessel Registration
Information).  If you include all the relevant information from the car,
there's at least some chance they will fill out the form for you and just
send you the information (along with a bill for $5) ... but I usually
haven't found them that helpful !

Randall