Holy S___ Batman!

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Holy S___ Batman!
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 21:28:56 -0500
...playing with the new column.  turns, wipers..etc all with new
connectors to match up with the late model stalk switch harnesses.

WOW!  look at the  schematic... ign switch.... the ballast wire should
be IN CKT while in the 'run' position. WRONG!  the GT6 schematic
shows 4 terminals my new switch has 6 (run-on valve etc)
This  GT6 HAS a run on valve but no dis-connect/connect on the ign
switch contacts!  The three prong oil press switch is there too...butr there
is no wire in the ign switch OR ON THE SCHEMATIC in the handbook.

I'm using my '75 Spit schematic which is closer to the wires actually in
this car.
Subtract the seatbelt/starter interlock and buzzer, and this GT6's wiring
makes sense!

So.... the late GT6 has the anti-run on valve and the wiring for a
seat belt interlock, but no interlock and no buzzer and a ballast wire in
the harness that is never removed while in the 'run' key position.
Talk about screwed up!

And no..this harness has never been touched!

man I love it!  seriously!    Dan M.  you should seriuosly consider as book
on the late GT6's!  you'd have a TON of stuff to doc!
:-)

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com