Re: Damper pulley alignment

To: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>, 6-Pack email list <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'Triumphs@Autox Net (E-mail)'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Damper pulley alignment
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 10:12:39 -0600
If memory serves: piston #1 TDC is supposed to line up with the leading
edge of the keyway (not the center of the keyway). In other words, as the
crank rotates piston #1 will reach TDC just as the edge of woodruff key
first crosses the timing mark. If you went by the key center (or the wrong
edge) of the key would put you many degrees off.

If it was my own car I would double check to be sure I shouldn't be using
the trailing edge instead.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566  http://www.midwestfilter.com