Tr6 timing

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tr6 timing
From: "jon paschke" <Jpaschke@bak.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 17:32:06 -0700
Hi
I've got my TR6 motor running now after a major rebuild and all seems fine
and how sweet it is! I've tried to set the timing at idle with my timing
light and found 16-18 BTDC to be the best. This seems like a lot, what is
the wisdom here on what it should be? I'm running 3 webers and no vacuum
hooked up at all to the distributor. The distributor only seems to have 4-6
degrees of advance when revved up so total is about 22 -24 degrees BTDC at
speed.
What do you all think the max advance should be for a TR6 motor fairly
warmed up?
Thanks for the help.
BTW I'm on the digest.
Jon