Re: Fuzzy door seals...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuzzy door seals...
From: CP25616@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 03:44:05 EDT
I must've missed something.  Isn't this the same stuff that TRF sells for
$40/roll (and Rimmer's has for #16.50) ?

Randall

Hey you guys out there its no big secret that the fuzzys you buy from the big
three now, are not the same as original. Its the rubber section of the fuzzy
thats actually a round section now which  is totally different to the
original. More air gets trapped in this section now when the door is shut
leading to poor fit and a lot of adjustment, foul language and a general
feeling of "why me, Oh Great One, why me."
This I'm afraid is another example of repro parts that are not made to the
same standard as the originals but are rushed out on to the market, made to a
price and they expect us to be happy with them. Why ,oh why, cant these
companies make things properly---------or is it the case that if they made
repro parts that were to original standard the price would put us all off.
In conclusion all I can say is if you can locate original fuzzys then pay
whatever it takes and go for it.
However, you can take the other point of view that if the repro fuzzys were
not available, what would we be using? Its your call.
Another classic case of not pleasing  everybody all the time!
Just my British pennies worth.

Alan Graham
CP25616  0            1969 Jasmine TR6 PI