Re: Boot lid seal - which way around

To: "Northway, Barry" <BNorthway@textron.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Boot lid seal - which way around
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:53:19 +0100 g8PF0qT03162
From: Northway, Barry <BNorthway@textron.com>

> The consensus at The Roadster Factory
> is that the higher raised portion goes toward the boot opening (that is, on
> the inside). That's how I had installed the old one 12 years ago but it was
> always hard to close the lid and didn't seem to seal all that well. Now,
> when I think about it I'm not sure that way is correct.

Hi Barry,
    I sell essentially the same section as it's applicable to most Triumph
Heralds and I'm sure many other Triumphs too. You have fitted the seal
correctly in the past with the higher lip on the inside. The original pattern
seal can be less than effective, which is why I also carry an aftermarket seal
which I sell for cars where practicality is more important than originality,
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics