chrome

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: chrome
From: ebk <ebk@buffnet.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 08:44:59 -0400
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:28:13 -0400
From: Bob Savar <bsavar@wwwcomm.com>

Hi!

I'm looking for a place to send my bumpers to have them re-chromed.  Any
suggestions?

Bob Savar
-----------------
Hi Bob!
        Suggestion: Go To your local Harley Dealer, as them if they know a
local chrome plating shop. Then go to an antique boat show & ask them the same
question. Then do the same for a Hot Rod Car Club. Now you have up to 3
different sources to go & ask to see their work & you can decide for yourself.
I didn't feel right sending my chrome out to some chrome platting place out of
town.
        Reason: What happens if it got damage in shipping or at the chrome
shop? How Are you going to prove who did what to collect? OR Worst yet, if the
part gets lost? & I'm only talking about BEFORE the platting process. Isn't
this the reason you decided to re-chrome than purchase 'new' parts? What are
you telling me, that you can't replace the part? MORE of a reason why NOT to
send out the part, right?
        Now if you fine that one shop was named twice, then that should tell
you something, too.
-Cosmo Kramer