TR4 front suspension blunder

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 front suspension blunder
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 05:06:46 -0700 (PDT)
Hi gang,

It would appear that years ago, I installed the . . . what the heck are they
called. . . the pivot for the upper A arms that mounts on top of the spring
tower?  (1963 TR4 by the way)

Anyway . .whatever they are called, I'm pretty sure I put them on backwards
many years ago when I re-did the front suspension.

I'm told this is the probable cause for the positive camber? or is it caster?
Where the tops of the front tires are farther apart than the bottoms!

(Terminology is killing me today)

My question is . . .  if I jack up the car and remove the front wheel, can I
remove the upper A arms without doing any sort of spring compression routine?

It looks like the stop under the lower A-arms will hold everything in place
when I remove start removing nuts and bolts, but I thought I'd check with the
brain trust first.  I'd hate to have something spring out on me!

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4  everyday
Leesburg, VA