Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#1859786978: Triumph TR3 A-

To: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#1859786978: Triumph TR3 A-Type Overdrive Transmission
From: "Michael Andrews" <mandrews53@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 22:35:57 -0700
While everything Randall has said is true--- There is an upside!!!! When you
are out driving on the interstate and you look down and realize that your
driving 80 mph and the motor is just ticking over ( 3000rpm or so) and how
quiet it is.  Also you are flying into a tight twisty corner on rt1 in 2nd
O/D and your fingers flick the switch to downshift (hands never having left
the wheel) --yes just like Michael Schumacher in that red car. It is worth
the bits and fiddling , lifting and toting to get in and working. Also
Herman Van Den Akker is within driving range makes it as easy as it would
ever be.
Yes I do love the O/D in my TR2 --those quick shifts are worth the price of
admission if you drive fast and even better on the long haul driving we have
to do to get anywhere is the lower rpm's( PS -I do like the flick switch and
not the push pull of the real early cars)
Mike TR2 in LA
>From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: RE: Interesting item on eBay web site item#1859786978: Triumph  TR3